Mecca Masjid is the biggest and the most spectacular mosque of Hyderabad. Not only in the region of South, this Masjid is one of the largest mosques in India as well. It is also declared as heritage building and thanks to its one of a kind architecture; it attracts thousands of tourists every year. The bricks used for the construction of the mosque were brought all the way from the holy city of Mecca, Saudi Arabia. For this reason, this gorgeous mosque was named after the Grand Mosque in Mecca.
The size of the mosque is so large, that it could accommodate more than 10,000 worshippers at the same time. The walls of the mosque are made of granite and have beautiful looking patterns in them. The verses of the holy ‘Quran’ are inscribed on the arches of Mecca Masjid, which makes this mosque look divine.
- As Hyderabad is well connected with rails and airways both, you won’t be finding any difficulty reaching here.
- The mosque is open all days of the week and the official timings are 4:00 AM to 9:30 PM
- There is no entry fee to visit the Mosque.
- One can explore the architectural features of the interiors as well as explore the courtyards of Mecca Masjid.
- Remove your footwear before entering the Mosque premises.
- You could be comfortable in Hindi as well as English languages.
- Try and keep the premises clean and don’t throw litter in the campus.
- Photography is not allowed inside the mosque so please keep your camera and mobile phones outside.
- Dress modestly. Shoulders and knees should be covered. Women should cover their hair.
- Don’t eat inside a mosque. Even outside prayer times, don’t disturb worshippers who may be praying.
- Don't spit in the masjid.
- Avoid offensive smells (i.e., onion, garlic, tobacco) and wear clean clothes
Best Time to Visit
The months of December and January are probably the best time to visit Hyderabad. The temperature hovers between 15 degree and 20 degree and it is this time when you can really enjoy the city to the fullest.