Dwarkadhish Temple is at the Dwarka city of Gujrat and on the banks of river Gomati. Dwarkadhish Temple is one of the Char Dham pilgrimages that a Hindu must visit in India. Dwarka Dwarkadhish Temple is a five-storied temple built on 72 limestone pillars. There are three main parts inside the Temple - The Prakashgarh (Nijmandir), Sabahgrah and the Shikhar and there are two main gates - The Moksha Dwaar (Pilgrims enter the Temple through this gate) and the Swarg Dwaar (Gate to Heaven).
Every year the Temple attracts thousands of devotees from all parts of India as it is one of the Char Dham Temples one must visit during their lifetime. The Gomati Ghat situated just behind the Dwarka Dwarkadhish Temple and it is believed that taking a dip in the same will relive you from all your sins. In the main Temple premises, Kusheshwar Mahadev Temple is also present and it is said that pilgrimage is incomplete without visiting this temple.
- Dwarkadhish Temple is well connected by Air and Railways. The nearest airport is Jamnagar, which is 137 km away. Regular trains are available from major cities like Jamnagar, Rajkot, Ahmedabad, Vadodara, Surat, Mumbai, Goa, Bangalore, and Kochi.
- The Temple opens at 6:30 AM and closes at 9:30 PM. The Temple is closed between 1.00PM to 5.00PM. Mangal Aarti starts at 6:30 AM followed by Mangal Darshan from 7 AM to 8 AM. Shringar Aarti takes place at 10:30 AM and Sandhya Aarti takes place at 7:30 PM to 7:45 PM.
- Janmashtami is celebrated in a grand way in Dwarkadhish Temple and it is a must visit.
- Footwear is not allowed inside the temple premises and you need to remove them before entering the gates.
- Leather belts and shoes are not allowed inside the Temple premises.
- Photography is not allowed inside the Temple.
- Gujrati, Hindi, and English are well spoken and understood amongst the locals.
- Don’t wear clothes that are too revealing. Respect the rules inside the Temple.
- Smoking and drinking are prohibited inside the temple complex.
- Do not pollute or damage Temple premises.
Best Time to Visit
November to February is the best time to visit Dwarkadhish Temple. The temperature remains subtle and the climate is usually cool with a pleasant ambiance.